hard cider beer bread


Let's talk about food. Given my inability to cook real meals (yet), I'm taking baby steps towards becoming Susie Homemaker. Inspired by my fabulous roommate who could open her own bakery, I decided to make some hard cider beer bread tonight!

Ingredients: 
Cinnamon Ozark Mountain Beer Bread Mix
BEER or hard cider in this case

Directions from website: "Just add one 12-0z. can of beer to one package of the mix (I prefer light beer for the best texture).  Stir together and pour into 5" x 9" baking pan (sprayed with cooking spray).  Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.  Remove from oven and cover with REAL melted butter.  Return to oven for 5 minutes.  Cool before cutting." 

One word of caution, I would stick to 45-50 minutes in the oven because the loaf ends tend to get dry. 

Beauty of this recipe is its simplicity for some seriously good bread. I'm sure there are other recipes for this because I think all you technically need is self-rising flour, sugar, and beer... but I am a fan of this mix, so I'm endorsing it here. And using hard cider makes it taste like apple bread, which is fantastic :) 

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.